Skip to main content

To My Teens - My Veeres!

Teens (girls) are my favorite and why not! 

Also, because I cannot go back to mine, I figure out ways to find my teens in yours and you have been candid enough to include me in your clad! How I wish I had the exposure you have in today's time, hence this piece of writing only for you my Veeres. 

So, I watched the most hyped movie of this year 'Veere Di Wedding' and being the social media fanatic, I was seriously impressed by the efforts put by girls along with the entire team in bringing out the new story content every week paired with pictures and buzzing them all along! 



So just like many of you, I watched the first day first show and blimey!!! I had my neurons fired up, while my fellow audience lived through extreme emotions of love and hatred towards the movie, I went back to the start of the movie where the personality of four Delhi girls ( in their 16's or 18's) is exposed! 


L-R Suman Iyenger, Pinnu Goel, Dimple Khanna, Yours Truly 

Girl 1: Who throughout her childhood saw a dramatized conflict between her parents 
Girl 2: Who already had a boyfriend and was not shy about losing her virginity because she was in love (she justifies - He is the man I will marry)  
Girl 3: Whose family believed in early and arranged marriage 
Girl 4: Who enjoyed materialistic pleasures of life, was spontaneous, loved travelling and came from an affluent family

Till here, everything was going fine with me; but I got my first shock when I saw their young adult versions:
Girl 1: Turned to be gamophobic (fear of marriage), still considered marriage for the happiness of her boyfriend 
Girl 2: Turned out to be a divorce lawyer shown by stating a 'No Alimony' stake for all those women who don’t contribute financially in the house
Girl 3: Who ran away with a non Indian man, has a child and deals with broken relations with her maternal side
Girl 4: Who left her husband in London on grounds on sexual displeasure, came back to Delhi, only wore revealing clothes, not answerable to her parents, lived on abusive language and survived on alcohol 24x7! 

Oh yes! Apart from this the story also showed how the four girls are still befriended, and have each other's back at all times! 

Now, isn't that a projection that all Bollywood movies with similar subject have? Where are we talking about the 90% of my teens? 
Those who don't come from affluent families! 
Those who are not given proper education!
Those who are living in the dilemma of seeing their parents quarrel and eventually one of them compromising or sacrificing for the happiness of the family!
Those who are not sent to farther cities for further education because of girl safety in this country! 
Those who want to make it big but are helpless because of financial constraints!
Those who are not given equal opportunity to nurture their thinking capability forget about speaking their mind, or further being abusive!
Those who are married early only to produce babies! 
Those who are not educated about diseases that spread because of unhygienic or unsafe intercourse!
Those who are taught that women friendships cannot live longer because the husband or his family may not like it! 
Those who are never trained on handling conflicts!
Those who are constantly hampering their mental health with a growing number of depression cases, but can’t acknowledge in society!

Yes, what is shown well in this movie is "Rebelliousness" but sadly for wrong reasons! 

So, My Dear Veeres (Teens)…

Some of you must have seen this movie, some may be planning, some not allowed to and some not exposed to! As you know I would never advise you about what 'to do' or 'not to do' but I will only introduce you to the perspective that if you watch, watch this movie like an adult bearing the responsibility of  looking beyond the glitz, glamour and flamboyance of the film. 
Garima Mishra 




One of the best lessons I learnt from the film is to continue being 'Rebellious' but for the further growth of my fellow women and to be women (teens), to introduce them to mindful learning, to make them capable of decision making, to live through situations sensibly and sensitively, to be able to differentiate between reality and illusion, to help them effectively communicate their viewpoint with confidence, courage that leads to mental well being, last but not the least to be able to make them understand the concept of 'Coexistence' while being independent! 




My Teens, you are the flag bearers of a futuristic well balanced society, we don't want to make men our slaves, or anything less than us! All we want is coexistence with equality and achieving that doesn't take away anything from your well kept treasures of Patience, Sensitivity, Forgiveness, Adaptability and Love!

Mahima Mishra 
Achieving this in my opinion is #WomenEmpowerment 
Mallika Tripathi 




Love and Be Loved! 




Be Inspired and Be Inspiring!










P.S - If you haven't watched the movie, trust me you aren't missing anything big!
Please subscribe to my blog for further updates and I am eagerly waiting for your comments!
Also, big cheers to some of my closest teen Veeres in this blog, my lovelies thanks for sporting a 'V' in life, keep rocking! 
To follow them, click check out their instagram handles @garima13 @_._mahima @mallikatrip 

#VeereDiWedding #SwaraBhaskar #SonamKapoor #KareenaKapoorKhan #ShikhaTalsania #EktaKapoor #RheaKapoor #Teens #Girls #HolisticWellness #Lifestyle #Awareness #SpreadLove #LoveYourself #CelebrateYourself 




Comments

  1. Let's celebrate womanhood..well, veere di wedding is bold and beautiful. I think it's a chick flick that will be thoroughly enjoyed by the female groups and it's a bold.movie abt today's woman. Overall, it's fun and exciting movie and highly enjoyable flick.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment