Skip to main content

Women and my Girls! Who is your best friend? Pads,Tampons OR Menstrual Cups...


Women! Who is your best friend? Pads,Tampons OR Menstrual Cups...


Today on Menstrual Hygiene Day, my take on Menstrual Routine is more related to comfort, mindset and knowledge!


Whatever you use is directly connected to how u began! 
Mostly Asian girls (I am referring to city girls here) are exposed to Sanitary Pads when they get their first periods as they are easy to place and change according to the flow of the blood! And it is certainly a great start in the early age, however in my opinion you can easily get prone to rashes, itching and bad odour, also lets not forget your disability to swim, play outdoor games (which involves heavy running or movement).

Holding a Sofy Anti Bacterial Pad here! 



Hence when I grew up and was almost on my own, I tried using Tampons and in the beginning I felt weird, dirty, and faced discomfort as if something was stuck in my vagina which grows bigger in few hours (depending on your flow). Moreover as a virgin in that age I was told many stories of a tampon breaking my hymen, some even called it as a bad habit (apparently it was like having a platonic penis inside hahahahahaha)
But I eventually drifted from what I was told as a teenager and experienced it to make my own judgement and boy living up to my expectations it became my best friend!

Holding a Pearl Tampex Super here! 

They come in different sizes just like pads and u can pick yours accordingly! Some of the tampons like mine here has a injective unit which makes it easier for you to insert it without dirtying your fingers!

Menstrual Cups: I did try using them once and the best part about them is that u have to insert it once for straight 10-12 hours which makes it very easier for you to fix them inside your vagina and forget about the flow! After said hours, you can discard the waste, clean and its ready to reuse! Another reason for it being favorite to few women is their organic nature (containing no bleaches, fibers or chemicals). Although it can be little difficult for a few to insert but right application education can help overcoming it!

Picture credits: elimpulso.com

Hence, in my opinion just like you try a dress before buying one, I would suggest to try all the three options with proper education, open mindset and responsibility before selecting what is meant for you! Don't get stuck by given instructions, gain your own experience!

But remember...

  1. Always wash hands before and after
  2. Never overuse or exploit a pad, Tampon or a cup! Keep changing in every 3-4 hours
  3. Do not wear it while sleeping for long hours
After all, the most important point we all are trying to make here is to keep Hygiene as the top most priority, isn't it!
Do share your views or feel free to post any questions you have, I will be happy answering as an experienced consumer if not a doctor :) 

Happy Menstrual Hygiene Day 28.05.2018

Comments

  1. Very good and meaningful Neha.... What you've written is very informative and insightful. Loved your choice and simple way of putting your words across to us.... Waiting to read more....๐Ÿ˜Š
    Tc ๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation! Please keep sharing! Love & Hugs

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Ketki! Have a loving day ahead!

      Delete
  3. Wow..really very informative article for everyone..not just women but men too..after all they should know abt it. Happy Mentrual Hygiene Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Aira! You have always been so encouraging! Many hugs to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment